Unlike my "handle", I really am just a Great Grandpa who loves to act like I am a Great, Grumpy Old Man. This BLOG will concentrate on the woes and gladness that surround my life: woe, when I fail at some complex task that any good man could do; gladness when I succeed at some mundane task that any one of my Grandkids could do. Like this panorama of the Foz do Iguacu in Southern Brazil.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Disc Brake Pads, Part III; A Sad Story

Grumpy's Garage; A Rainy Saturday --
Today, the Grand Mother, Resident Grandson and Grumpy ventured out into the blustery November weather to shop for some new shoes for the Growing Grandson. We easily found what he wanted -- plus a "studded" belt, that he just "had to have" to go with his "skinny" black Levi's -- the total, over $75. But that was the good news; the bad news is that the "moan and groan" disc brakes are still "howling".

So now, hold on to your hats for some "expert" bloviating from the Grumpy Engineer!

My best theory now is that, it is no longer the front disc brake doing the "complaining", but one (or both?) of the rear. So, at the first (or maybe the second?) opportunity the rear wheels will be removed and the rear disc brake parts will receive the same grease job as was applied to the front.

Something has to be done to get rid of that annoying moan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment